Welcome to Frederick Tumble and Cheer! My tumbling programs are designed to bring your child the absolute best in tumbling instruction. With over 20 years of coaching experience, I am dedicated to developing the full potential of every athlete in my program. I offer a variety of tumbling classes, camps and clinics suited to your child’s current age and ability level.
I am proud to be a part of the Frederick Gymnastics Club family and all that its’ facility has to offer. Our gym is equipped with two spring floors, two in-ground trampolines, a tumble track and rod floor. A fully stocked gym with every mat and spotting device available allows me to offer the safest possible learning experience for your child. All students work towards their tumbling goals by breaking skills down into drills that promote safe learning and proper gymnastics progression. There is only one way to teach tumbling…the SAFE way!!
If you have any questions about class placement or program details please contact me at email@example.com
Communication between coaches, athletes and parents is critical for success!
I look forward to working together.
Weekly Tumbling Classes
Get ready to tumble through the gym! Frederick Tumble and Cheer is
focused on advancing your tumbling skills to the next level.
Offering classes for beginners and advanced tumblers. Whether you are looking for a recreational tumbling class or a more rigorous curriculum, we have a spot for your child. All athletes are encouraged to attend class two times per week. Twice weekly training greatly improves strength, flexibility and tumbling ability.
All 60 minute tumbling classes begin with an active 10 minute warm-up and continue with two 25 minute tumbling rotations.
Tumbling Level 1
– Ages 6 – 9 years old. These 60 minute classes are designed for the beginner tumbler. Students will explore our trampolines, tumble track and foam pits. Tumbling level one goals include knowledge of all equipment available in the gym, how to use it safely and proper gym etiquette. Tumbling Level 1 skills include: handstands, cartwheels, forward and backward rolls, bridges and tight body positions.
Junior Tumbling Level 2
– Ages 6-12 years old. If your tumbler can perform a tight body handstand, a straight leg cartwheel and push to bridge without assistance, then Tumbling Level 2 is for you! Tumbling level 2 students will begin to work on more advanced skills on the floor, tumble track and trampolines. Level 2 goals include skill progression, a new knowledge for combining skills to create tumbling sequences and working through fear of new skills. Tumbling Level 2 skills include: round offs, back bends, back walkovers, back handspring drills, front walkovers and front tucks, back handsprings with a spot.
Senior Tumbling 2
– ages 12-18 years. Tumblers enrolled in senior level classes will enjoy working out with their peers. All drills and stations are designed with the older tumbler in mind. Students will work out on spring floors, tumble track and trampolines. Senior 2 goals include improved body awareness and positive body image. Skills include: round offs, back bends, back walkovers, back handspring drills, front walkovers, front tucks and back handsprings with a spot.
Tumbling Level 3
– Ages 8-18 years. We can flip! A standing back handspring is required to enroll in this class. Level 3 tumblers work on more advanced tumbling skills utilizing our trampolines, tumble track and foam filled training pits. Level 3 goals include a mental determination to achieve new skills, understanding and making corrections given by the coach and commitment to the sport. Tumbling Level 3 skills include: aerials, back handsprings, front handsprings and tucks, round off back handsprings, tucks, layouts and twisting.
– Ages 12-18 years. Cheerleaders of all levels are welcome to attend tumbling classes; students will work at their current level and ability to perfect the skills necessary to perform at the highest level of cheerleading. We combine our knowledge of gymnastics and conditioning to produce the best tumblers in the county. Students will utilize spring floors, trampolines and tumble track to safely and effectively break down skills into drills. If you are a beginner level tumbler or a seasoned athlete we have a spot for YOU! Cheer Tumble skills include: back handspring drills, back handsprings with a spot, tucks, layouts and twisting.
Back Handspring Skills and Drills
– ages 6-18 years. This 90 minute skills and drills class is designed to focus on back handspring training. Students will utilize spring floors, trampolines and tumble track to safely and effectively break down the standing back handspring into drills. Each student will work at their current level and ability to perfect the skill. More advanced tumblers will work on multiple standing back handsprings and handsprings to tucks. Classes end daily with a fitness circuit to improve strength and conditioning. Exercise balls, Bosu balls and light dumbbells will be incorporated into the fitness training. Sign up for as many as you’d like! (summer session only)
If you have been enrolled in a class from the Summer of 2013 through present – Please DO NOT click the Enroll link, but CLICK on the Customer Login to the right. If you need further assistance in logging into the site, please click here for support
The amount in the tuition column reflects the tuition for the entire term. If you register after the term begins, tuition is prorated based on the number of classes left in the term. The fees will be prorated by the office staff prior to your charge being processed.
Back Handspring Clinics
Beginner to advanced tumbling skill improvement! Ages 6-18 years.
Clinics will begin with an active warm-up followed by athletes breaking up into groups based on their current tumbling abilities. Rotations consist of challenging drills, stations and spotted tumbling skills. Athletes have an opportunity to work on our spring floors, tumble track and trampolines. Beginner tumblers work on basic gymnastics skills and back handspring drills. More advanced tumblers quickly move from basic gymnastics skills to more advanced tumbling passes, including standing multiple back handsprings and running tumbling passes to include tucks, layouts and twisting. Clinics end daily with a fitness circuit to improve strength and conditioning. Exercise balls, Bosu balls and light dumbbells will be incorporated into the fitness training. Whether you come with your team, a friend, or yourself, everyone will have a blast. Sign up for as many as you’d like!
Frederick Tumble and Cheer offers private, personalized clinics for your squad. Full gym access including spring floors, trampolines and foam pits makes for the ultimate tumbling experience. Your squad will gain confidence, improve their tumbling skills and participate in a team building activity. Cheer Tumble skills include: back handspring drills, back handsprings with a spot, tucks, layouts and twisting. Please contact Leigh to schedule today: firstname.lastname@example.org